Tom Morgan was the owner and rod designer at Winston from 1973 to 1991 and his legacy at Winston and for the entire fly rod industry cannot be overstated. We continue to believe in Tom’s principle that “a great fly rod is always a great fly rod”, so as we celebrate Winston’s 90th Anniversary, we find it only fitting to reintroduce the Tom Morgan Favorite.
First offered in 1989 as a limited edition 60th Anniversary model, the Tom Morgan Favorite Rod has proved to be so popular it has remained a Winston customer favorite for the last 30 years.
Tom grew up fishing the spring creeks of Montana for wary brown trout where the slightest mistake spooks the fish. He designed the “Tom Morgan Favorite” as a specialized 2-piece, extra light, 8’ 4-weight, made from moderate modulus graphite for those close to mid-range distances where delicacy, finesse, and accuracy are essential.
THE TOM MORGAN FAVORITE
- All graphite with classic WT spigot ferrule design
- Incredibly smooth with wonderful touch and feel
- Extra light 4-weight, perfect for spring creek fishing
- Winston progressive tapers
- Customer favorite since 1989
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT